Friday, November 5, 2010

Catching Up

You should be at 8335 words by midnight tonight.

I’m behind (big shocker), but I’m at about 6130 right now, and I still have more time to write tonight. I have an hour at a write-in for sure, so I’m aiming to get to 7.5k. That puts me very close to where I should be.

If you missed a day or slacked off for a day or changed your story idea and find yourself behind (or do this in the future), take baby steps. Write the required 1667 words for the day and then just a couple hundred more or however many you need to catch up. Aim to catch up within a week.

Give yourself a reward every time you get closer to catching up. I personally like wicked apple slurpies from 7-11. Maybe your incentive is an overpriced coffee drink that blows your calorie count. (It doesn‘t have to be food, that‘s just what I like. Maybe you like tv, or new books, or have had your eye on a fucking epic poster down the street).

So, remember: baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment