Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Tip and Inspiration

10,002. Tonight, if you're caught up and exactly where you're supposed to be, you'll break into quadruple digits. This is the point that's always exciting to me, breaking that barrier. At least now, you have the number of digits you want.

And I caught up! At about 11:30 last night, I hit the 8400 mark. The power of write-ins and having a friend.

My tip for today: Find a friend to write with. This will inspire both of you. My friend and I kept going back and forth with who was inspired to write and this forced the other one to sit quietly and write as well. It was awesome. And I found out she's an awesome writer, better than me. I read her stuff and it was AMAZING. And inspiring. A small detail in her story gave me a great idea for mine and my praise of her work made her feel better and decide to keep going with NaNo even though she's epically behind. So yay! Everyone wins.

Inspiration: Alcohol. Not for you, but for your character. Everyone does stupid things when drunk. Maybe the villain will finally confess feelings or a crime. Maybe your main character will finally punch that one guy out who's been asking for it since the beginning. Even if it turns into nonsense, you tried something new and got some words down and that's what NaNoWriMo is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment