Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Introduction

The ransom note effect is the result of using a large number of typefaces juxtaposed against each other. It takes its name from the stereotypical ransom note. Ransom notes are an amazing amalgamation of the written word and visual aesthetics, my two passions. Writing and the visual arts are also what this blog is going to be about.
 
The Ransom Note Effect, in particular, was chosen because the effect is a little all over the place, just like me, and probably just like this blog will be. I believe in expanding your mind and I don’t think you can do that if you focus exclusively on one thing at the expense of everything else.
 
This blog is going to offer daily inspirational images, quotes, and prompts with the intent of keeping a brush, keyboard, pen, pencil, camera, block of clay, or whatever your medium may be, in your hand and moving.
 
Also, I will be writing about recent events in my life as an aspiring artist and author, providing links to helpful websites, and recommending books and artists I believe are worth taking a look at.
 
Welcome and enjoy the Ransom Note Effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment